SQL Database Developer
About more2: we are the UK’s leading data analytics and marketing consultancy for multi-channel retailers. Combining a team of over 150 experienced, commercial and passionate marketers & data scientists with best in class technology, we provide over 80 national and international retailers with invaluable insight, advice and actionable solutions to enable them to achieve and maintain rapid profitable growth. From the outset, we establish ourselves as a strategic partner to our clients and form an integral part of their businesses. more2 is constantly seeking to innovate and develop to ensure its clients benefit and gain competitive advantage from leading edge data driven multi-channel marketing.
Why are we hiring: more2 and the Development Team have experienced significant growth over the past years and we are expecting continued growth. To support that growth the Development team has introduced a number of changes to the development life cycle to provide faster and more secure Change to the business.
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Database Developer with experience within an agile environment and knowledge of test automation in complex data warehouse solutions to join our Development Team.
Mission of the Database Developer role: Using Agile methodologies to improve the operational performance of the Development team through the implementation and execution of best practice development, architectural design, testing and implementation of data solutions. The goals will be to:
- Be an active participant in all regular review sessions and help the team improve processes, communication, be a driving force rather than a passenger.
- Ensure Work Items contain enough detail for deliver a working solution. Work alongside business analysts and stakeholders to ensure they do.
- Ensure all Work Items have appropriate test coverage and that it is integrated into the release process. Provide expertise for the team to achieve a higher level of test and code deployment automation.
- Be responsible for challenging, developing and adhering to process and procedure to assist with our continual improvement.
- Work together with your team to discuss and agree what work should be committed in each iteration. Manage your own workloads and ensure all committed work is completed within the iteration as per the item’s definition of done. Keep the members of your team and stakeholders informed punctually of any impediments or blockers preventing you from delivering as agreed.
- Ensure all stages of the Development Process are well recorded and are discussed with the team in the daily standups so they can be picked up by any of your team members easily in your absence.
- Keep your technical skills sharp – not only to do your job properly but to help us stay at the top of our business through the use of technology.
- Deal with problems as they arise during both development and post implementation of systems in 3rd line capacity.
- Follow our information security policies keeping client data and privacy as core principle of everything we do.
- Extensive experience of SQL Server SSIS, SSRS
- Extensive experience of relational database design techniques as well as Data warehouse design methodologies
- Experience of test automation techniques and frameworks such as tSQLt
- Experience of release automation techniques and platforms such as TFS Release Manager.
- Experience of MDX/DAX querying
- Experience of data integrations including web services, SOAP and RESTful APIs
- Extensive experience of of visualisation/specialist analytical tools & technologies such as GoodData, Tableau, Qlikview
- A sound understanding and application of development principles and coding standards
- A strong element of creativity to shape innovative solutions combined with strong architectural design experience in order to develop a workable solution.
- Excellent written skills to disseminate solution documentation with clarity and focus as well as detail.
- A high degree of personal motivation and resilience to overcome setbacks with the ability to work in consistently high pressure environments.
- The ability to speak confidently on technical subjects with limited preparation commanding respect and authority and to liaise with clients on difficult or sensitive topics.
- Demonstrable knowledge of a software development methodology and structured approaches to development.
- Excellent understanding of master data management processes, techniques and tools
- Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Support for Professional Qualifications
- Summer Day Out
- Christmas Party
- 25 Days Holiday + Additional Loyalty Holiday
- "Skint Nights" - social event once a month
- Summer Working Hours
- Enhanced Maternity Pay